Do you want to go from looking “ok” to looking fantastic all the time? I’m going to assume you are nodding your head right now. I have a few tips for looking your best!
1. Get things tailored!
- The difference between a great outfit and a great outfit on you, is all in the fit. Find a tailor to take in the waist of your pants or your sleeve length and you’ll look like a million bucks! Don’t be afraid to get cheap items altered. That $20 jacket looks much nicer once it fits properly.
2. Dress for your shape- not the one you want, or the one you were
- Find the clothes that flatter your figure and enhance your natural beauty. Hiding your body in baggy clothing or squeezing into something too tight does nothing but distract from the real you! Figure out your body type (post to come soon) and accentuate it.
3. Buy multiples
- If you find the perfect fitting pair of jeans or black pants, buy (at least) two pairs. Get one pair hemmed to wear with flats and one to wear with heels.
- If you find the perfect white tee – buy multiples if you can so that once one becomes stained or worn you’ve got another ready to go!
4. Spend on classics, save on trends
- Invest in pieces you know you’ll wear for years but be a little stingy when it comes to trendy pieces. You won’t want to end up with a closet full of expensive clothes that aren’t in style anymore. If you’re unsure you can justify a more expensive item, try to determine the “cost per wear” of an item. If a pair of jeans costs you $150 and you wear them 2 times a week for 52 weeks, that’s $1.44 a wear. And honestly, if you plan on wearing a pair of jeans 104 times, you’re probably going to have to spend a little more on them!
5. You don’t always have to spend a lot to look great
- Don’t be afraid of discounted merchandise or trendy chain stores. A $10 tee or $20 jacket can be a great addition to your wardrobe. Don’t expect these items to last through the years, but they can definitely add some fun for now.
Stay tuned for more tips soon!