Before the world shut down Indy and I spent a good chunk of our waking hours together. (Actually, he’d prefer to be with me while he slept as well, I believe.) Since things have changed lately we spend even MORE time together, because, well, there’s nowhere else for either of us to go!
I used to try to knock out work projects like videos during his naptime or on weekends when Brent would take him somewhere, but, since there’s nowhere for them to go (and it’s been a little too chilly to be outside), we’re all just together. All the time. All. the. time.
I figured there was no sense in waiting until things return to normal to resume the work things I want to do, I might as well just do them with Indy! Today he helped me unbox the April Allure Beauty Box and I think it went…OK. :)
The production value isn’t the best, but I didn’t exactly have a lot of time to try things! Let me know if you’d like to see more videos featuring my cute assistant.
Here’s the video, and you can see details of the products below:
The April Allure Beauty Box
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Perfume ($115 for 1.7 oz. bottle) – This is maybe the cutest little bottle of perfume I’ve seen! Normally those plastic spritzers are what you get with a perfume sample, but I’m into this glass bottle. The scent is heavier than I normally wear (but I usually stick to really light fruitier scents) but it’s really nice. And if you watch the video you’ll see Indy likes it too. :)
- Thrive Causemetics Lip Filler Long Wearing & Plumping Lip Liner ($20)- I don’t think I’ve tried any products from this brand before (maybe their mascara?) but I’ve always heard good things. This liner can be used as a liner and lip color and has moisturizing ingredients so lips aren’t left dry.
- Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer ($12) – I’ve always liked other hair products I’ve tried from this line, I’m sure this one will be great too.
- Lue by Jean Seo Balance Hydrating & Calming Serum ($15) – This just sounds pleasant. Maybe anything with the word “calm” sounds good these days! This is made with hyaluronic acid, which I like using.
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment ($52) – I like Dr. Jart+ products and am excited to try this. It helps neutralize redness in skin and it also includes SPF, which I haven’t seen in a color correcting product before.
- Akar Skin Balance Toning Mist ($55) – I’ve gone back and forth on using toners in my routine. I haven’t used one in a while, this seems like a good one to try.
- Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Sheet Mask ($18 for a pack of 6) – I like this brand and I like face masks, so I’m happy to try this one out!
That’s the April box for this month. Do you subscribe? What did you think? If you want to try the box for yourself you can use my link to take $5 off your first box.