This has been the longest week I can remember in quite a while. Indy hasn’t slept well several nights and then nights that he did sleep well, I didn’t sleep well. I’ve been in zombie mode for the last few days. I usually use his nap time to work but I’ve been using it this week to try to catch up on sleep, or take the occasional shower!
All my intentions of posting this week got pushed down the list of priorities, so I’m quite pleased to get at least one post up this week! I’ve got a review of the September Allure Beauty Box today, which is also the special “Best of Beauty” box! (Oh, and I finally got the laundry I’ve had in the washing machine into the dryer. After washing them three times. It’s been.a.week.)
September Allure Beauty Box – Best of Beauty
It’s the time of year when Allure magazine announces out its annual “Best of Beauty” award winners. They give you the best of the best in every category of beauty, from hair and skincare products, to beauty tools, makeup, and more. If it’s a beauty product, there’s a category for it! To celebrate their award winners, this month’s Allure Beauty Box incldes products that have all won Best of Beauty in the past. (So, not the latest winners necessarily, just winners in general at some point!)
Also, it looks like they’ve gone back to a box system, instead of a new bag each month. Which is more than fine with me, I can only use so many bags!
Here’s what came in this month’s box:
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($39) – I very rarely wear any type of powder, but maybe it’s time to start?
- Ciate London Dewy Stix Luminous Highlighting Balm in Gleam ($26) – I like the Ciate London brand, but haven’t tried much of their makeup. This highlighter is supposed to be fool-proof, which is the exact type of product I need. :)
- Naturelab Perfect Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner ($14 each) – This duo won a Best of Beauty award in 2018 for calming frizz, so it sounds I’ll be ready for the dry winter months ahead! Bonus, they are vegan and don’t contain any of the yucky stuff I’m trying to avoid putting on my head as of late!
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Eczema Soothing Relief Cream ($14.99) – I don’t have eczema, but I do get pretty dry skin come late fall/winter. I’ll definitely try it!
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub ($9.99) – A gentle exfoliator is always a must for me, and this is one I haven’t tried before.