Well, hello there! We had an ice storm and power outage last week so I got zero work done here, sorry about that! Our power was restored over the weekend though so things should get back to normal around here!
I didn’t get this October box review up in October, but hey, I’m not too terribly behind. :)
Here’s a look at the October Allure Beauty Box
- The Nue Co. Topical C ($55/$70 for full size) – a Vitamin C power that you can mix into other serums or moisturizers. I’ve heard that liquid Vitamin C loses its potency quickly and that in powder form will last a lot longer! The bottle included is worth $55, so that’s way more than what I paid for this box already!
- Verso Super Eye Serum ($65 for full size) – I think I’m just about how out of the eye serum samples I had so this will be good to have.
- Static Nails Liquid Glass Lacquer in Irene ($16) – A pretty rose shade that will be good for fall and I think it’s also free from all the stuff I’m not supposed to use while pregnant.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream ($48 for full size) – I usually like products from this brand so I’m excited to try this moisturizer.
- Sigma Liquid Lipstick in Venom ($20 for full size) – I really like this this color!
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm Ap+ ($19.99 for full size) – another moisturizer and this one is good for eczema-prone skin and babies, which means it’s probably pregnancy-safe too! (But I’ll be sure to check it out.)
- Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads ($18 for 5) – I’m pretty sure I’m saving these for after the baby comes and I have the swollen, puffy eyes of a person who hasn’t slept in weeks. :)
- Native Fig Shampoo & Conditioner Samples – this brand is new to me so I’m happy to give it a try!
This month the price of the box increased from $15 to $23 ($25 with tax). I definitely got the value back in the products I received, I just need to decide if I can keep up with this many new products every month without them going to waste. I do have the option still to pay for an annual plan up front and still get the original price. Lots to think about! Do you subscribe? (You can sign up here.) What did you think of the October box? You can also check out the September box right here.