Happy Tuesday! It’s currently 7:15 AM and I’m finally getting a chance to sit down and review the July Allure Beauty Box! I’m also watching last night’s episode of The Hills, just FYI. (Audrina and Justin are currently having drama, so this could be this season or from the original series circa 2008.) Anyone else watching this reboot? I’ll keep watching it, but honestly I’d love to just watch a show of Lauren and Whitney killing it in their careers, but there’s probably not enough drama. :)
You didn’t come here to read about my reality television viewing, so let’s get to the Allure Beauty Box!
This month’s box was a collaboration with Huda Beauty. I don’t know a ton about this line but when I opened up the booklet that comes in each box the first thing I read was that Huda Kattan grew up in Oklahoma City! I feel like I need to know more about this makeup line, and Huda Kattan, herself!
Inside this month’s Allure Beauty Box
- Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick in Alluring – this is an exclusive shade made just for the Allure Beauty Box and it’s a gorgeous orange-red shade that’s supposed to look great on many different skintones. (No estimated value for this one since it’s a subscriber exclusive.)
- Huda Beauty Classic Lash in Samantha – OK, I knew that Huda Beauty sounded familiar and I think it’s because I’ve heard of the false lashes. I rarely wear false lashes (other than this try-on), and I think the last time I wore them was for my wedding 11 years ago… ($20)
- Kayali Vanilla 28 – Rarely do I get a scent from this box but thsis is a frangrance line Huda and her sister Mona launched together. ($65 of 50 mL, $118 for 100mL)
- Too Faced Hangover Primer – I don’t use a lot of face primer since I don’t wear foundation very often, but I like having some around for those times I do! ($34)
- Benefit Ka-Brow Cream-Gel Brow Color – One of my favorite brow products of all time was a little jar of powder that came with a brush in the lid for application. This looks pretty similar and you know I love a good brow product! ($24)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero – I’ve used this eye pencil before and I’m happy to have it in my possession again! I typically stick to black shadow as a liner but was literally just thinking yesterday about wanting to try a pencil again for a bit. ($22)
- Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray – I don’t know that I’ve tried this particular texturizing spray, but my ultra-straight locks typically don’t respond. It’s worth a try, I suppose! ($26)
- TonyMoly Intense Care Snail Hydrogel Mask – Yes, you read “snail” correctly. It sounds pretty gross, but I’ve tried another snail cream in the past and actually really liked it. I also love this brand, so I’m happy to try it out! ($10)
I like all the July Allure Beauty Box products included this month and I’m excited to learn more about the Huda Beauty brand, and Huda herself. If you’re not a subscriber yet to this box, I’d highly recommend it. It’s $15 a month (plus tax), but you can get $5 off your first box. Head here to try!
Oh, and update, The Hills episode ended and nothing was resolved…imagine that. :)