I thought I’d better get this August Allure box review up before the month was actually over! I’ve had this box sitting (unopened) for a couple of weeks thinking I’d find a time to film an unboxing with Indy but so far it hasn’t happened. If there is a video here when you read this, I’ve succeeded. If not, we’ll try again next month! :)
Before we dive into the box, I did want to make an update on this particular subscription. While the price of this box since I’ve been subscribing has been $15 a month (plus tax, so roughly $16 and some change), they just announced a price increase.
Beginning in October the monthly price for the box increases to $23 a month but they promise a few upgrades. New benefits include:
- 6 products each month, valued at over $100
- Three or more full-sized products in each box
- Exclusive opportunities to get discounts
- Special offers on limited-edition boxes
- Access to members-only events with Allure editors and beauty experts
They are also offering an opportunity to enroll in the annual payment plan which would lock you in at the current monthly rate. ($165 for the year so each box is under $14)
I do really enjoy this box and since I’ve swapped my Ipsy subscription to every-other-month, I think I’ll keep this one going. I mean, I’m a work-at-home mom of a toddler who lives in rural Oklahoma. I need a little bit of glam to break up my days! Plus, I don’t drink coffee so I figure this is money I’d be spending at Starbucks or something, right?
OK, let’s get to the August Allure box!
- Pixi Rose Oil Blend ($24) – I’m a fan of Pixi Beauty products and while I’ve tried a few things from their rose line I haven’t tried the face oil. This will be great as we enter the dry fall/winter months.
- Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum ($84 for full size) – this looks like a product that combines lots of great ingredients- Korean herbs like peony, lotus and other hydrating/brightening agents.
- Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar ($38 for full size) – I’ve only tried one other Erno Laszlo product so I’m curious about this cleansing bar.
- Floss Brighten Up Highlighter in Sunlit ($20) – I don’t wear highlighters too often (and have a little stash of others I’ve received in subscription boxes), but I like that this one is more shimmery than glittery and a little more subtle for every day wear.
- H2O Hydration Sensitive Gel Cream Moisturizer ($42 for full size) – I’m a big fan of these “water creams” and love how they absorb. I haven’t tried this brand before and want to see how it does on reducing some of the redness I get around my cheeks and nose.
- Whish Botanical Primer ($44 for full size) – This is a combination of makeup and skincare from the looks of it and while I don’t typically wear primer or foundation every day, I do like having some for special occasions. Though perhaps I should try making more days special occassions, huh?
- Looks & Meii Brightening Lift Up Perfect Fit Mask ($3) – Another brand I haven’t tried, this K-beauty brand is supposed to give me bright, glowy skin. I’ll take it.
And that’s the August Allure box! It looks like the theme of this box was based around “balance”, which I think we can all use a little more of these days. This is a pretty good combination of skincare items that I’ll actually want to use.