Today I’m going to make a bit of a departure from the norm and talk about a few of my new favorite things that aren’t fashion-related! (That’s right, I do have other interests!) My Friday Favorites for the week:
1. This food subscription
When I saw a review for the HelloFresh food subscription I was really excited to try it! Part of me kind of wishes I hadn’t though because now I only want eat this way for the rest of my life! (And until my budget allows it, it will be more of a “every now and then” type thing!) How it works:
- Choose your plan (I chose the 5 meals/2 people) plan
- Choose your shipping date
- Get your box full of meals ready to prepare!
What I loved about this is it got me cooking things I never would have bought on my own! In the box I received we had Chicken Yakitori (I didn’t even know what this was before now! It was delicious!), Smoky Beef & Poblano Chili, Brown-Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Shrimp Taco Lettuce Wraps (I substituted the shrimp in mine for some beef, SO GOOD!), and Sicilian Eggplant Stew. Again, none of these are recipes I ever would have attempted on my own, but having all the ingredients ready to go, it was wonderful! The only things we had to add from our own kitchen were olive oil and salt & pepper!
I’m now slightly in love with HelloFresh and you can try it for $40 off your first box if you’re interested by using my link. Just a warning though, you’re probably going to love it!
2. This workout
One of my best friends owns a Pilates studio in Edmond and a class used to be part of my weekly routine. Some things changed in my schedule and the hour drive got the best of me (I live kind of far from everything) and I haven’t been in months. I was wanting to get back to going weekly but honestly, I was rather embarrassed by how out of shape I was! So, like a true American, I vowed to get back in shape before I returned to class! I had heard good things about Barre3 workouts before but had never tried them until about a month ago.
I AM IN LOVE. Seriously, I am hooked on Barre3 now! They have an online subscription and for $15 a month you have access to all of their online workouts (and you can try it FREE)!
Things I love about Barre3:
- Easy to access – since I live so far from anything, this is an excellent option for me! If you’re not near a gym, yoga, Pilates studio, etc., Barre3 makes it easy to get a great workout! I pull the workouts up on my laptop (or phone or tablet if needed!) and plug my television into the laptop using an HDMI cord. Totally not necessary, but I like having my full screen up on the television!
- Variety – I am easily bored with video workouts. I once did Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred and by day three was bored out of my mind. I need change! And they have a TON of videos to choose from! Plus, you don’t need a lot of equipment. In fact, you can even filter the videos to find ones that need no props at all! (The only props you’ll ever need are a chair, yoga mat, light weights, a small core ball- I got one at Walmart for $5, and a resistance band.) If I feel like a more intense workout I can find it, if I want something easier (no sweating!) I can find that too!
- Length – There’s not always time for an hour long workout, or even a 30 minute workout, I love that they offer lots of options and include workouts that are 60 minutes, 40 minutes, 30 minutes and even 10 minutes!
- No skill needed – There are a few videos with a lone instructor but the majority feature three people. One to instruct and the others to demonstrate. One always does the full moves and the other does modified moves. If you’re worried you won’t be able to keep up, there are ALWAYS modifications to get through everything! If you’re coming back from injury, don’t feel strong enough to do certain things, or other issues, that’s no problem at all!
I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt before and even, dare I say, a little graceful! I do plan to return to Pilates (My friend Stephanie has an AMAZING studio you should check out if you’re in central Oklahoma.), but am happy to know I have Barre3 to supplement!
You can try Barre3 for FREE for 15 days and I really, really think you’ll love it! This isn’t a paid endorsement or anything, I just REALLY REALLY love it! A few of my favorite workouts if you try it:
- Studio to Go – no props needed, just your body!
- Studio Fit
- Fierce & Fun
3. This gift
I recently helped host a bridal shower for a sweet friend and thought the hostess gifts she handed out were such a great idea! I know coming up with unique gift ideas can be challenging so I thought this would be good to share!
A personalized reusable cup and a daily devotional book. “For when this life leaves you thirsty, physically & spiritually”. Love it!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Do something kind for someone!