First things first, the winner of the Nasty Gal Gift Card is: Melissa Taylor!!! Congratulations! I’ll be contacting you soon for your info! And now for a few things I’m loving (plus another giveaway)!
1. Style Thief
This coming-soon fashion app is being described as “Shazam for clothing”. BEST IDEA EVER. It’s pretty much what you would expect- take a photo of a clothing item and the app will do a search to see where you can buy. Welcome to street style shopping! Just don’t be creepy when taking photos of the stylish women you see. Discretion is important, people.
2. Saving Your Skin
I know, I know, I keep talking about sunscreen. But I won’t apologize, I think it’s important to take care of your skin! I came across a few tips from the August issue of InStyle recently that I think are great!
- Wearing sunglasses is important but don’t forget to add some SPF around your eyes.
- Wear a hat! I just read that the scalp is the No. 1 overlooked area prone to aggressive cancers. No. 2: the ears!
- Skip the lipgloss! The glossy surface can intensify the sun’s rays. Opt for a protective balm instead – one that has a minimum of SPF 15.
- Keep those nails polished! Apparently sun damage can cause vertical ridges in the nail that can take up to six months to heal. The darker the polish, the more protection you get!
3. Good Stuff on the Internet
I’m loving the influx of empowering videos and articles online for women! The Verizon “Inspire Her Mind” commercial and Colbie Caillat’s “Try” music video are particularly fantastic! Here is music video in case you’ve missed it!
If you recall, I’ve been doing a giveaway every week leading up to my one year blogging anniversary (which is next week!). I did a quick survey on FB a couple days ago to see what you all would like to see for this week’s giveaway – it was a tie between jewelry and a gift card. So, how about a gift card for some jewelry?
You know I love BaubleBar, so this week I’m giving away a $25 gift card to shop their site!