Another day, another beauty box review. :) I’ve been patiently waiting the arrival of my October Allure Beauty Box because of all the spoilers I had seen – mainly the Sunday Riley products which have a huge following but I’ve never tried (they’re $$$). My box arrived last week and I was able to do my unboxing while Indy napped in the car. (As he does many, many days.)
Here’s a look at what came in my October Allure Beauty Box
The October Allure Beauty Box
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment – This is the product that really had my attention in this box! I’ve heard so much about Good Genes but didn’t really see myself trying it (a full-size product is $105, which is more than I usually pay for skincare). I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll do it soon since I think it might be deserving of it’s own review!
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser – This is supposed to be a detoxifying cleanser that will deep clean without drying out your skin. I’ll try it tonight!
- bkr Paris Water Balm – As someone who has tried a LOT of lip balms, I don’t say this lightly. This might be the best lip balm I’ve ever used. It’s not super thick or waxy but just the right consistency to apply and you can even layer it with lip color without it feeling greasy. I’ve only used it twice so far, but honestly, I think I’m in love.
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara in Ultra Black – Since I was hanging out in the car with nothing to do but play on my phone or play with my beauty box, I decided to give this mascara a try right away. I like that it had a triangular shaped handle, which seems easier to grasp, and the application was easy. A few coats on and my lashes were definitely longer and fuller! Here’s after applying:Good overall, but I don’t know that it’s my favorite mascara I’ve used. I’ll keep using it up though so I’ll let you know if it becomes a new favorite!
- Caudalie Vinopure Skin Perfecting Serum – Another one I’m excited to try, I really like Caudalie products. This is supposed to be really hydrating which is what my skin needs this time of year!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – I’ve been using this too, it’s got a nice not-too-thick consistency but it feels really moisturizing. With all the hand washing I do between fixing bottles and just generally trying to keep everyone healthy my hands lean toward the drier side. So far, this is helping!
- Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Matte Liquid Lip Stain – I’m always expecting a matte stain to go on a little drier and then kind of tighten up on my lips. I applied this over the bkr Paris Water Balm and was surprised at how wet the product was going on – in a good way. It felt much more like a soft cream than a stain, not drying at all. I really like this, and you can tell you’re wearing a luxury product. (A regular tube of this is $37.) Here’s a photo of the stain on:
I guess I should look at Indy taking car naps as my opportunity to try out my products more! Anyway, that’s the October Allure Beauty Box! Another winner in my book, and worth around $90! You can grab your own subscription here. (And save $5 on your first box!)