I always love learning about other people’s routines. (Is that weird?) You know those articles that are a “day in the life” of a celebrity? I love those and want to know more about everyone’s life and routine. I want to hear about what time you go to bed and what you ate for breakfast and about the Wednesday meeting you wish you could cancel. I think I just love learning about people in general! I keep seeing these beauty videos of different makeup routines people do and thought it would be fun to do my own! Not from a “professional beauty artist” perspective (and I am definitely not that.), but from a “regular girl who wears makeup but probably knows about as much as the average person on what to wear and how to wear it”. For instance, my everyday makeup routine!
Today I’m showing you my daily makeup application and sharing some of the products I use. Like I say in the video, I’m not super partial to most products, I’ll swap stuff in and out, but you can get the idea! Here’s a video of the application and the products I used below!
My everyday makeup routine on video
Nothing like putting a makeup-less video up on the internet to really test your self-confidence! :)
My everyday makeup routine products
Also, I included affiliate links to the products I use (or similar) below, meaning purchases made through those links may result in my earning a small commission at no cost to you.
- Eyelid primer. I’ve done posts on this before and it’s definitely a favorite in my makeup bag.
- Eyeshadow. I stick to shades of brown and sometimes purple (I’ve got green eyes), and usually just grab one of my Urban Decay Naked Palettes (I’m using the Smoky palette in the video). I use a light shade as a base all over, a medium-dark shade along my crease and lower lash line, and a dark brown shade to emphasize the crease and pull down onto the lid a bit. I sometimes add a bit of white or real light beige just under my brows and inner eye corners. (It makes them look bigger!) I use these types of brushes: 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Eyeliner. I used to hate that my eyeliner rubbed off mid-day so my secret to all-day wear? Eyeshadow! I use an angled liner brush and use a black eyeshadow to line my eyes, top and bottom. My UD palette has a black shadow so that’s what I currently use.
- Eyebrows. My secret to fuller-looking brows? Eyeshadow! I read a tip years ago that for people with my hair color (dark blonde/light brownish), a dark brown (glittery!) eyeshadow was a great brow filler. Seriously, the UD palette does pretty much my whole face! I apply it with one of these brushes.
- Concealer. I dab a little bit of my IT Cosmetics concealer under my eyes to hide dark circles and over any other blemishes/redness. (If I’ve got a lot of redness I’ll add my green concealer.)
- Blush. I used to always do a little bit of bronzer under my cheekbones first, but lately, I’m just grabbing the blush. Right now it’s Pixi by Petra in BeachRose and I apply it with a brush like this. I can’t seem to find this online anywhere, but another one I use that’s similar is Pacifica’s WildRose. I usually blend the blush out with a Kabuki brush after I’m done.
- Mascara. I jump around a lot on mascara (you can search my site for some reviews I’ve done!), but I’m currently using L’oreal’s Lash Paradise.
That’s it! The whole thing probably takes me 10 minutes without rushing but I also have shorter and longer versions, depending on the time and what I’m doing! I’ll share those soon too!