I’m back with a few more tips for looking your best. But first, let’s review.
1. Get things tailored!
2. Dress for your shape- not the one you want, or the one you were
3. Buy multiples
4. Spend on classics, save on trends
5. You don’t always have to spend a lot to look great
Got it? Good. Now for the rest:
1. Don’t be afraid to branch out
- Make sure you have a good ratio of basics/trends and colors/neutrals. With the right ratio you’ve got countless looks! If you’re afraid to embrace a trend fully, slowly ease it in in a small way- a lace tee under your classic jacket, the “hot” color for your bag. Once you feel comfortable, keep experimenting. Remember that trends are not for everybody; find what you like!
2. Get a second opinion if you’re not sure
- Don’t be afraid to have someone give their opinion. Sometimes it’s difficult to see your closet differently or how you “really look”. A new set of eyes can sometimes create fresh ideas or give honest feedback.
3. Shop your own closet
- Browse style blogs, magazines and pick out outfits you like and see what items you already have. Think about the many ways to wear one item (almost any item can be worn many ways) and create some new looks using what you already have.
4. Set the right foundation
- Make sure you have proper fitting undergarments. Have a bra fitting done at least once a year (or every six months preferably), or more often if you’ve experienced any weight loss or gain.
- The proper underwear will save you from embarrassment and worry and will ensure there are no distractions like underwear lines, bulging under bra straps, etc.
5. Be yourself!
- At the end of the day, wear the clothes you love that make you feel good! Don’t dress to become someone else. Find your style and embrace it!